So we’re back at our house now, the blue house if officially a thing of the past. I ended up sleeping there last night as well; we figured out that there was a day or so more than we thought and I wasn’t going to watch TJ work himself to death going back and forth after midnight with the snow blowing and him being awake since 4 am. So he came back here, Jake went to his Unkie and Katiebugs house and I stayed at the blue house so that if we were wrong, they wouldn’t be able to lock us out. Needless to say, things went smoothly, no one came to change locks etc. and we’re all moved out. It took some doing and a lot more time than we thought, but we also have a TON more stuff than I thought. We have over 80 boxes in this house of different sizes. There is almost nowhere to walk in the living room, we have to kind of manuever around things, pretty funny. We have a plan to open and get through at least 2 boxes a day. It will still take awhile that way, but we won’t feel overwhelmed and there is no rule saying we can’t open MORE boxes in a day.
On the knitting front: Not much. I’ve finished the thumb gusset on the Twist Wrist warmers. Not much knitting last night, I watched the rest of season 2 of Dr. Who in bed and, I have to admit, reveled in the alone-ness and quietness of it all. Even with the stress of having to move, it was nice to be all alone for one final night. So I’m planning to finish that up in the next day or so. Total side note: I’m really LOVING this project on the DPN’s. I think I’ll have to rethink my Magic Loop only policy for small things over a size U.S. 4 (I have all harmony or options interchangable needles right now, so anything under a size US 4 is not a possibility for me, unless I dig into the addis, so I guess I really could do M.L. with any size needle. There is no point to this thought, but I’m not going to delete it…LOL). I really do prefer the 5 needle method that I’m using with the Monkey socks over the 4 needle method that I’m using for the wirst warmers. I know I could have easily added the extra needle and worked out the number of stitches for each, but I really wanted to be kind of mindless while I did this, so I didn’t bother. The Malabrigo color is so pretty…I can’t remember the exact name of it, but Amore is in the name and it’s shades of red, mostly deep. I think it might be possible to get two pairs of mitts out of the one skein, but it may be deceptive. The ball still seems pretty big, but I think I’m going to have to rewind it through my fishing line measuring thing to find out how many yards I have left. I’ll bet it’s a lot less than I think.
On the spinning front: I haven’t done any. LOL The Girl Insane yarn is done, though (link to a picture in Ravelry to follow). It’s been hanging in the bathroom since Sat. night, so it’s obviously dry. Tomorrow I’ll measure the wpi and photograph skeins. I’m excited to have my first spinning project of the year done!! I have the feeling that it’s going to be a heavy sport or light worsted yearn. I was hoping for something a bit finer, but it seems that I can only acheive seriously fine singles, or plied yarn for that matter, with my spindles. Speaking of which, I really need to get a plying spindle sometime soon. My next project is to navajo ply the singles for spirogyra and hope that I get the 13wpi I’m looking for. The singles are about 28-30 wpi and I think I read that you should plan for twice or a little more wpi for the final wpi you’re looking for in a Navajo ply. I hope I’m right. Once that’s done, I still have the other half to pre-draft (as called for in the pattern instructions for the spinning portion), spin and ply before I start the mitts. It will be my first planned fiber to finish project. I have the camel/merino mitts that I’ve started knitting, but I didn’t have a plan for the fiber when I spun it. Come to think of it, I need to take care of that as well…finishing the second mitt. LOL