I finished spinning the Girl Insane roving last night. I got it from flawfulfibers. It’s an 80/20 blend of Merino and Tussah Silk; about 4 oz. I think it’s going to be a heavy dk to light worsted, but we’ll see after it finishes drying. It’s in the bathroom right now hanging over the shower rod. I really like the way the colors blended together. I split the roving into the light shades and the dark shades and spun singles on the middle whorl of my Sonata. then I took the singles and rolled them into a two stranded ball for plying. I plyed on the largest whorl for a lightly plyed yarn and I got what I was hoping for. I just hope, now, that there is enough ply twist to hold the thing together.
After plying I skeined the yarn and soaked with some shampoo in the bathtub (our sink was full and I don’t have a bowl here that’s big enough yet) and then wrapped the skeins in a towel and had Jake jump on it to get water out. Then I whacked the skeins on the bathroom counter to get them to hang evenly, which they did – amazing for me. Now I’m just waiting to find out what the wpi is. I’m thinking with 214 yards maybe I’ll knit a hat or a skinny scarf for myself out of the yarn. I don’t see Jake or TJ wanting a hat/scarf made with shades of pink and purple.