Sick, clean and being a good mommy

I feel like shit today. Not a good way to feel. I have a sore throat, a toothache from hell that I’m going to have to break down and call a dentist about (not good; not good at all) and I just all around feel icky. There’s an interesting word…icky. It’s actually quite ugly looking, but enough about stupid words that look ugly…LOL.

There’s not a whole lot to say. I’ve been keeping up with the housework which is a big plus for me. I think that it’s going to stick this time; fingers crossed that I’m not jinxing myself right back into the depths of I don’t care depression. I find that I really like living in an organized house and that the “organized mess” I claimed to love wasn’t organized at all, it was just a mess that I was too lazy to deal with. I’m a little bummed that I’ve only maintained, though. I was really hoping that I’d keep going totally gung ho and get all the laundry in the basement done; I finally got out to the garage and unpacked all the bags of clothes that came from the trailer, and let me tell you they were nasty!! I keep reminding myself, though, that when I did all that extra work, I was home alone for 2 1/2 days and I could work on this house all day and all night with no interruptions. Now I have Jake and he’s not an interruption, per se, but he does need a lot of attention and I’m not going to blow him off to get extra laundry done. I think it’s actually pretty good that I managed to maintain the level of cleanliness I achieved last weekend and I’m thinking that if I can keep that up and gradually work towards getting more done in a day, I’m golden.

We’ve made serious progress in the Jake sleeping by himself ordeal. This whole week he’s finally slept in his own bed. The first night was hell, but after that not so bad. Either TJ or myself has to stay in his room with him for a little while after we first put him down and if he wakes up he needs to be tucked back in, but the number of times he’s waking up and the duration of “up time” has decreased. He’s still climbing into our bed around 5 or 6 and we’re letting him b/c with him getting up around 7:30 it’s not worth the hassle of trying to get him back to bed and then trying to get back to sleep. That, too, will go eventually. I’m thinking we can start working on that after he gets his tonsils out.

The Garden Path Shawl is finally coming along nicely. I’m now (finally) past the point where I had to do the big rip out before and I’m up to the 40″ cable on my circular needles. Have I mentioned how much I adore the Knit Pick’s Options needles? I’m also thinking about getting the newest addition to the Options family, the Harmony wooden interchangeable needle set. When I first heard about the new needles, I was a little bit bummed out that they came out so soon after I got my nickel plated original set, but now I’m really glad they did. If they had come out first, I would have bought them and I never would have known how much I love the slippery, cool feeling of the nickel plated set. I would have really missed out.

Time to go now. Jake and TJ will be back from the store soon and that means bath and bedtime for Jake is imminent and that’s my department.

Night, y’all.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s