Felt bad about using Violet and not Lime yesterday, so here is the closest I can get to the color without making it positively unreadable. Serious.ly, though, you have to check out LimenViolet; their podcasts never fail to inspire me to try something new or to look at some pattern or technique or even a yarn in a new light. Did I mention that they are fanfuckingtastically hilarious as well. Seriously, just check them out. Let me know what you think. Do you guys think I’m obsessed much? They’ve been added to my list of knitting goddesses:
Shannon’s knitting goddesses (and a god):
- Iris Shreier – multi-directional goodness. I just can’t get enough. I’m not great at it yet, but I’m getting there.
- The Yarn Harlot – she cracks me up and she writes amazing knitting books that are about so much more than just technique.
- Crazy Aunt Purl – I don’t know what it is, but she has a way of making you feel like you’ve known her for as long as you can remember. Reading her blog is like sitting out on the porch with a cup of coffee and an old friend.
- Barry Klein – He is the one who first introduced me to the concept of knitting on the bias. I LOVE diagonal knitting!!
- Annie Modesitt – She has some of the most beautiful patterns I’ve ever seen. Just love the corset combo t-shirt!
- Vickie Howell – Knitty Gritty is all I can say.
I’m sure I’m leaving people out, but that’s all I can think of off the top of my head. I’m sure I’ll come up with more when I send this.
I signed up for a knitting class; they’re actually called “Journeys” by my LYS. All three classes are related to sock knitting. The first is basic sock knitting, the 2nd is on dressing up your socks with lace patterns or cables and the last ones are two socks on two circs. Fun stuff. I can’t wait for them to begin, not until mid-July. I’m finally actually joining the “knitting community”. LOL